Online Ethereum Casino Guide
The growth of the online gambling industry has led to the emergence of a whole new category of gambling sites – crypto casinos. Formerly, online casinos only supported Bitcoin since this is the first cryptocurrency. However, the number of supported cryptocurrencies for gambling has grown over time.
Naturally, one can hardly imagine a modern-day online casino without Ethereum, the second-biggest cryptocurrency on the market. Still, gambling at an ETH casino has its own nuances, which we will analyze in this article.
Overall Best Ethereum Casino to Play
If you want to play with Ethereum at an online casino, chances are you already have this cryptocurrency in your wallet. If not, follow the crypto buying guide to buy Ether from exchanges. Due to the recent rise of value, buying a whole coin for gambling may be excessively expensive. The good news is you don’t have to. You can always buy a fraction of a coin and use it for any purposes you like, including investments or casino games.
Making a deposit to an online casino using Ethereum is simple. Navigate to the «Deposit» tab and choose «Ethereum» from the list. The casino will generate an electronic address for you to make the deposits to. Copy and paste it to the service where you store your Ether. Most services will automatically calculate optimal fees depending on the current network conditions. Now you only have to approve the transaction, wait for it to be confirmed on the blockchain and watch it getting credited to your casino account.
As for picking a site for playing, it is impossible to single out one Ethereum casino that would be better than the others in everything. However, there are plenty of fantastic sites where you can enjoy your favorite games and withdraw winnings without any problems.
What is Ethereum?
Ethereum is one of the best-known blockchain networks globally that hosts its own cryptocurrency, Ether (ETH). ETH uses a peer-to-peer protocol to exchange data and value between users. Ethereum is not linked to any jurisdiction and isn’t controlled by any central authority like other cryptocurrencies.
Since Bitcoin first emerged in 2009, the technology and concept of cryptocurrency have evolved considerably. Ethereum was launched in 2015 along with the cryptocurrency Ether.
Like Bitcoin, Ethereum uses blockchain technology to build a decentralized platform. Ethereum’s blockchain is a public ledger that records all transactions through Ether. And while Ethereum works similarly to many other cryptocurrencies, the only significant advantage over Bitcoin is speed. While Bitcoin can take minutes to complete a transaction, with Ethereum, the process is considerably faster, taking around 15 seconds.
Ethereum has gained massive importance in the cryptocurrency market, becoming the second-largest cryptocurrency in market value after Bitcoin. Due to its growing popularity, many crypto casinos accept Ethereum or Ether as payment methods. Some casinos offer special packages just for using Ethereum as a payment option.
The advantage of using Ethereum at an online casino, compared to other cryptocurrencies, comes from its features that casino users appreciate, such as fast transactions, minimal processing fees, and providing security and anonymity to players. These features make Ethereum one of the best cryptocurrencies available at any online casino.
Why Use Ethereum at Online Casinos?
Ethereum is different from Bitcoin as it is mainly used to develop and launch smart contracts – a special piece of software that replicates real-world applications in a decentralized environment. It can be anything, from a lending protocol to a game. Smart contracts even enable the creation of decentralized casinos based on top of Ethereum itself.
ETH is used as a means of payment, just like Bitcoin. You don’t have to understand all the aspects of the network, such as smart contracts, if you only want to make transactions with Ether. Ethereum has some advantages over Bitcoin when it comes to casino deposits. For example, its block time is only 15 seconds compared to the 10 minutes of Bitcoin. It means that in many cases, an Ethereum transaction will go through faster than one from Bitcoin. Ethereum transactions may also be cheaper, but it is not always the case and widely depends on the current network conditions. That’s why it is better to check the fees before making a deposit.
Ethereum is not as widespread as Bitcoin, especially in online gambling. Nevertheless, many online casinos accept it as a payment method, so you can deposit Ether directly without converting it to Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.
Pros and Cons of Ethereum Gambling
Using Ethereum as a payment option at online casinos has the following advantages:
- Financial privacy. By using cryptocurrencies, you do not need to share your banking information with the casino, which keeps your financial data safe. With Ethereum, you don’t have to worry about your account information being misused as the data is not recorded at the casino. Of course, there will be transaction details, but that information will be all the things that the casino can access from your crypto wallet.
- Low fees. The main advantage of using Ethereum or any cryptocurrency is that the transaction processing fees are much lower than those of fiat currency. With Ethereum, you get an additional benefit: the transaction speed is much higher than that of Bitcoin. As a result, Ethereum is capable of processing more transactions in a given period of time than Bitcoin.
- Play from anywhere. You can play at Ethereum casinos from any device and from anywhere in the world. Since your crypto wallet does not contain your personal information, there is no danger of any breach of your privacy. Simply visit an online casino that accepts cryptocurrency from any device: laptop, tablet, or mobile phone, and start playing. Playing with Ethereum will enhance your gameplay due to the fast transactions supported by the Ethereum network.
- Fast Transactions. While depositing doesn’t take long at an online casino, there is always an issue with the withdrawal period. In numerous instances, the average time for a withdrawal is 2-5 days. Of course, players would like to see this time reduced. With Ethereum, there is a significant improvement in the withdrawal period, making it so that players can get their withdrawal amount within 24 hours.
- High-value bonuses. Many people believe that traditional casinos offer better bonuses because they deal in fiat currency. However, this is nothing but a myth. At crypto casinos, especially those that prefer Ethereum as a payment method, the bonus offers are excellent. You can get up to 300% or more as a welcome bonus at some of them.
Although Ethereum is a cryptocurrency with quite a few benefits, it also has some downsides. These are:
- Lack of regulation. Ethereum is a cryptocurrency, and so no entity regulates it. This is the nature of cryptocurrencies that no one can control due to their decentralized operation. Ethereum operates without the jurisdiction of central banks, government, or any other regulatory bodies or institutions. While it may provide privacy to players, it can also be used for illegal activities.
- No chargebacks. Another problem with there being no central authority over Ethereum is that issues can occur during chargebacks. When using fiat currency, online casinos only have to contact the respective bank from which the transaction was made, and the case is raised. After completing the necessary verification processes, you can get it reversed in your bank account. But cryptocurrencies like Ethereum have no such authority to be contacted for chargebacks.
- Price volatility. Price volatility is always high in cryptocurrencies. The value of Ethereum today can vary significantly within a few days. As such, it is difficult to predict the price. When using Ethereum at an online casino, you should bear in mind that the value of your winnings can drop radically (or rise), depending on when you withdraw your money.
How to Choose an Online Ethereum Casino?
Ethereum is the most popular cryptocurrency after Bitcoin, yet many people prefer it over Bitcoin to gamble at crypto casinos.
Issues such as delayed payment, unsecured transactions, and lack of privacy have been recurring problems at online casinos using fiat currency. However, players see these concerns solved by using cryptocurrency. One of the solutions is to gamble using Ethereum.
There are numerous Ethereum casinos on the internet with diverse offerings and unique features, which raises the question of which site we should turn to. Various factors can help in the decision. They are as follows:
If you are looking for an Ethereum online casino, it goes without saying that the casino should support this payment option. In any case, this mustn’t be the only option available.
Due to their decentralized nature, a casino’s customer support team cannot do much when it comes to cryptocurrencies. But still, there are other issues you may face at an online casino. For such scenarios, having a quality customer support team is a must. Features like chat support should be present so that you can resolve your issue as quickly as possible.
One of the easiest ways to choose an Ethereum online casino is to read customer reviews. Players evaluate from their own experience and focus on practical issues they face on a platform. Thus, you will form an idea about which online casino you should head to through their opinions. However, if a casino has a good rating but the number of reviews is relatively low, it is better to consider other factors before making a final decision.
Reading Casino Reviews for ETH Casinos
The most advantageous of all the options is reading online casino reviews. There are some reputable and reliable casino review sites that you can check out. The advantage of reading casino reviews is that they cover different areas, from licensing to game availability and the overall experience.
Ethereum Games Available
Crypto casinos, just like traditional online casinos, are all about making money. To do so, players focus on specific games, which may not be available at Ethereum casinos. So, when choosing an Ethereum casino, it is crucial to select the platform where your favorite games are available.
As you might expect, the dominant category of Ethereum games is comprised of slots. You will find thousands of Ethereum slots at leading online casinos. You can also easily play your favorite table games for Ethereum, including baccarat, roulette, blackjack, and poker. These games may be hosted by a live dealer or based on a random number generator. On top of that, there are provably fair Ethereum games, including Crash and Plinko, which crypto casino players love so much.
The best gambling sites are the ones that offer exciting bonuses and operate within the boundaries of responsible gambling. Thus, it would be best to look for online casinos where you can get specific bonus offers for Ethereum gambling.
Top Ethereum Casinos for 2022
- LTC Casino is an online casino tailored to the needs of crypto enthusiasts. That’s why LTC Casino does not require verification and allows you to play from anywhere in the world. What’s more, LTC Casino provides instant payouts to crypto wallets and offers an extensive collection of Ethereum games.
- TTR Casino is a top online casino with the widest selection of Ethereum games. Over time, TTR Casino has gained a high reputation among users. It offers attractive first deposit bonuses, as well as periodic promotions and races for regular players.
- Surf Casino is a great choice to play with Ethereum if you are willing to take advantage of generous bonuses on multiple deposits. Like the other sites on the list, Surf Casino pays out winnings instantly, regardless of whether you prefer to play for cryptocurrencies or fiat currencies.
- DLX Casino will appeal to players who want to place bets in Ethereum and unlock additional benefits. For you, DLX Casino has designed a well-thought-out loyalty program — a VIP club with eight levels, each featuring its own unique bonuses.
Deposits and Withdrawals at an Ethereum Casino
Making deposits using Ethereum is simple. Just follow the steps below:
- Get an online wallet. In order to buy Ethereum, you must first create an online wallet. There are several online Ethereum wallet providers such as Electrum and Loafwallet. An online crypto wallet works like a “normal” wallet allowing you to make payments and deposits.
- Buy Ethereum using a cryptocurrency exchange. Once you have created an online crypto wallet, the next step will be to buy Ethereum through a crypto exchange such as Binance, Coinbase, etc. You can buy ETH using fiat currency. After buying Ethereum, you simply send it to your crypto wallet, and it will be ready to use.
- Make a deposit. Once you have Ethereum in your wallet, choose an online casino, make a deposit, and start playing.
Like deposits, withdrawing your Ethereum from a casino is just as easy:
- Fulfill the requirements. Before making a withdrawal, you should make the most of their bonus offers. However, be aware of the wagering requirements. You will not be able to withdraw your money unless you have met the bonus’s wagering requirements and other rollover conditions.
- Make a withdrawal. Go to the online casino cashier page and select Ethereum as your withdrawal option. Then transfer the funds to your Ethereum wallet. You can convert these funds into fiat currency later.
- Wait and enjoy. Crypto casinos usually transfer Ethereum to a crypto wallet within 24 hours. Just wait for the stipulated period, and the funds will become available in your account.
Ethereum Casino FAQ
Is Ethereum gambling legal?
Ethereum gambling is perfectly legal in most countries. An essential advantage of cryptocurrencies is their anonymity. It means that you will be able to play at an Ethereum casino even if the traditional payment systems restrict online casino deposits in your area.
Can I use other cryptocurrencies at ETH Casinos?
Yes, because Ethereum casino is just another name for a crypto casino. If the casino supports Ethereum, it also allows deposits and withdrawals in other cryptocurrencies.
Can I play at an Ethereum online casino with VPN?
Most Ethereum casinos allow their customers to use VPN while playing. However, some sites do prohibit such practices, so it’s always better to check with support before you start playing. The casinos from the list above fully allow VPN when playing with Ethereum or another currency.
Is Ethereum gambling secure?
Ethereum is a decentralized cryptocurrency secured by cryptography and thousands of computers worldwide. It means that you can have complete peace of mind when transferring your money with Ethereum but must adhere to the basic cybersecurity measures. However, not all Ethereum casinos are reliable, so you should play only at trusted sites.
I won some ETH. How long should I wait for the withdrawal?
The block time on the Ethereum network is 15 seconds. Thus, withdrawing funds from an Ethereum casino should take no more than a few minutes. However, some casinos may delay payments for several hours or even days, so it is better to choose casinos with instant withdrawals.