PayPal is the most widespread online payment method used by millions of customers worldwide. However, it’s not easy to find an online casino accepting PayPal. The problem is that PayPal applies strict rules concerning gambling, so most casinos are unable to add it as a payment method. Luckily, PayPal users can still use the money on their balances to replenish casino accounts.
You may have heard that PayPal supports cryptocurrencies. Indeed, with PayPal you can buy, sell, hold, and even spend Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and Bitcoin Cash. However, PayPal restricts crypto withdrawals to external wallets, so it is not helpful for casino deposits.
Do not despair, as there are enough options to buy crypto with PayPal, so that you can deposit it into an online casino later. One of such options is provided by the largest US crypto exchange Coinbase. Kindly note that you can buy crypto with PayPal through Coinbase only from supported jurisdictions. If you don’t see the option to add PayPal as a payment method at Coinbase, this feature is not yet available for your region.
How to buy crypto with PayPal at Coinbase?
- First, you need to create a new account at Coinbase and complete all required identity verification steps.
- Then go to Settings, find Payment Methods and click on Link a New Account.
- Select PayPal.
- You will be redirected to the login page at PayPal website.
- After linking a PayPal account, you can start buying crypto at Coinbase and transfer it to any external wallet, including casinos.
How to buy crypto with PayPal at Paxos?
If buying crypto with PayPal is not supported at Coinbase from your jurisdiction, you should consider P2P-markets, such as Paxos. P2P-markets enable direct trades between users, so they are less dependent on particular regulations.
- Open a new account at Paxos.
- Click Buy Bitcoin in the top left corner of the screen.
- Filter the offers indicating PayPal as a payment method.
- Find a seller with a reasonable exchange rate and proven reputation.
- Follow the seller’s instructions to complete the trade.
It should be noted that both Coinbase and Paxos enable you to convert money back from crypto to fiat. However, you may prefer to use other payment methods to cash out your winnings from an online casino.