Baccarat became world famous as James Bond’s favourite casino game, a character created by Ian Flemming. It’s Bitcoin casino live version has been especially popular recently.
The main object of Baccarat is to reach a total of 9 points after the release of two or three cards. Each card has its own point total, and each player is free to bet on which hand will win the hand: the one held by the player, the dealer, or whether it will be a tie between the player and the dealer.
The name Baccarat comes from the Italian word ‘baccara’, meaning zero, and is the worst possible hand in this card game. Baccarat originated in the 15th century and was taken to France, where it became a favourite game of French nobles and aristocrats, later becoming a popular game at casino tables worldwide. Today, in online casinos, Baccarat is a globally successful game, attracting thousands of new players every year.
Crypto Baccarat is a game of numbers and luck and is very easy to learn and play. However, to do so properly, a player must have a clear understanding of Baccarat rules.
The main aim of Baccarat is to have the strongest hand by assembling a set of cards that come close to the number 9. As such, there is a specific scoring system:
- Ace is worth one point;
- The cards from 2 to 9 have their value;
- 10 and picture cards (Kings, Queens and Jacks) have no value and are worth 0;
- The joker is not part of the game and therefore not counted;
- If a player receives an 8 or a 9, they have a natural hand and will automatically win, except if the dealer also has an 8 or a 9;
- If the player has in their possession two cards which account for more than 9 points, the player must subtract 10 points from that amount. For example, if you have 14 points, your total will only be 4, as values over 9 must be subtracted from 10 points.
In Baccarat there are three different kinds of bets you can place:
- Banker Bets. Each player is free to bet his chips on the banker’s hand. This bet is paid out at a ratio of 2-to-1, according to the initial bet amount, minus a commission, usually 5% for the banker.
- Player Bets. A player may wager their chips on themselves. This wager is normally paid at a ratio of 2-to-1, based on the player’s initial wager.
- Tie Bets. This is the most unlikely outcome in Baccarat and therefore pays 9-to-1, based on the initial bet amount.
The Third Card
Depending on the hands of the player and the banker, a third card may or may not be dealt. The drawing of the third card follows the criteria below:
- If the player or the banker’s hand totals 8 or 9 points, this means that no third card is required and the winner will be the one closest to the value of 9;
- If the sum of the player’s hand is between 0 and 5, the player is dealt a third card. Depending on the value of the third card and the sum of the banker’s hand, the dealer may draw a third card to set the final result.